Thank you for your interest in this Tudor Bompa Institute Certification (TBI).
Periodization-Strength and Conditioning (P-SCE) Ongoing Program Summary
This ongoing program is registered with Fitness Australia and is worth 15 CEC’s. (Entire program is via Distance Learning from the comfort of your own home)
The Periodization Strength and Conditioning (P-SCE) is the most comprehensive and practical program in the area of strength training for sports. Whether you are a personal trainer desiring involvement in the strength and conditioning field, or a coach involved in a specific sport or variety of sports, this course will diversify and improve your training and conditioning programming skills. Memorization takes a step back to integration as you are challenged to apply scientific principles in a practical and methodological manner. This course is about teaching you to design advanced training programs for your athletes/clients. As a participant you will learn how to:
1. Formulate and plan structured training to meet the natural adaptation continuum of the human neuromuscular system.
2. Effectively plan in accordance with the competition schedule.
3. Train the dominant abilities (i.e. maximum speed, power or muscular endurance) required to achieve peak performance for each sport.
4. Manipulate the training variables to create the specific physiological adaptation needed for athletes to reach peak performance.
5. Plan a specific plyometric training program with varied exercises and intensity levels.
6. Apply progressive graduated fitness programming for clients that will compliment client’s participation in recreational community fitness/sporting events.
7. Work in collaboration with sport coaches to plan and deliver safe exercise programs that relate directly to the fitness components of a sport.
For more on what you will learn please read the Preface from ‘Periodization Training for Sports 2nd or 3rd Edition’ by Dr. Tudor Bompa.